Friday, August 20, 2010

Will I be eligible for a Spouse visa to Australia even though my partner has been in the UK for the past 2yrs?

I am South African and my partner an Australian citizen. We are both now living in the UK on working holiday visas. Next month we will be getting married in South Africa and my partner will then have to go back to Australia as his UK visa will have expired. Will I be able to obtain a spouse visa to Australia even though he has not been there for the past 2 years?Will I be eligible for a Spouse visa to Australia even though my partner has been in the UK for the past 2yrs?
Yes you can.I hadn't lived in Australia for 14 years when my husband applied for his residency spousal visa.


If you are married at the time,and are going to be out of the country while applying for your visa,you will need to apply for a subclass 100 visa.


It took approximately 3 months for my husband's visa to be approved.


If your going to apply for your visa inside Australia you will need to apply for a subclass 801 visa.


If you can ,your best bet is to apply outside the country.it's alot easier,and less hassle.


Have a look at this website,you can down load all the forms you will need,and will have answers to any more questions you may have.


http://www.immi.gov.au/


Take care.Will I be eligible for a Spouse visa to Australia even though my partner has been in the UK for the past 2yrs?
Yes Possible if your Patner Sponsors You.....If granted you will initially get an off shore Prospective Spouse Visa..and after two years if the marriage is still surviving and you can proove to the Australian Immigration that you financially, mentally, emotionally and physically support each other...then you can apply for a Spouse visa onshore.
You should be able to. I went to live in New Zealand for 2 years. Both my partner and I used to work in NZ. He's English and I sponsored him to Australia (applying via Australian Embassy in NZ). What you need to show is that your partner could support you financially. I had to show the Immigration Dept my work history and payslips from my previous work.
Apply for a 309 spouse provisional visa, and you should be OK.





My wife had been in the UK for 5 years before returning and helping me to get an Aus visa.

No comments:

Post a Comment