Sunday, August 22, 2010

Can my spouse get my military ID without me being present?

I'm going down to marry my soon to be husband next month while he's still in AF tech school. But we wont get the actual marriage certificate for a long time and I wont have the money to go back down there to get the ID. I need to get into the system asap though so I can leave with him when he comes home in june.. any help?Can my spouse get my military ID without me being present?
His tech. school instructors can figure all that out for him and provide both of you with what you need.





After you are married, there is one ID card request form that you can take to any military installation ID card section (office) and obtain your ID. If you are marrying him at his tech school, there will be an ID card section there too.Can my spouse get my military ID without me being present?
If you are getting married while he is home in your home city don't you have a county court house? You should have applied there or need to and then when you tow do tie the knot he can take it with him back to the base and turn it in to his admin office or a copy of it. One should ALWAYS KEEP ORIGINALS. let them make a copy but you keep the original. He then can put in for the ID and other privileges you both rate for married. If there is a military base near you does not matter if it is another branch they all can do it. That is issue an ID, also if you need medical any one of those base can provide the same thing even if you have to be champused out.
You don't have to travel to the base he is stationed at to get an ID card. He does have to enroll you in DEERS first put once that is done you can go to any military installation that has an ID card section to get your card. That includes National Guard and Reserves.





I would comment on the wedding certificate but others have touched on that.
You have to have the marriage certificate in order to get the ID. Once you have that and he fills out the proper form, you can get the ID at any military installation without him being there, but there is no way around getting it with out the marriage certificate to prove you are actually married.
Yes, but you need your DEERS form and relevant paperwork as specified on the DEERS form. Your spouse is your sponsor. Contact MWR or base personnel office to get the details.





BTW, usually, proof of marriage can be provided by the Clerk of the County in the place you got married.
Yes, he will have to enroll you into DEERS with your marriage certificate then you will be able to get your ID card
Power Of Attorney.
My husband wasn't w/me when I received my ID. You just have to have your marriage certificate.

No comments:

Post a Comment