Sunday, August 22, 2010

Can spouse get any of her stimulus check?

My wife and I filed jointly for 2007 in WI, and I owe about $2000.00 in back child support to the state of IN due to work slow down. IN took our entire tax return, most of it was my wifes as I did not know about ';Injured Spouse Allocation';. Will they take all of our stimulus checks from Bush as well, or can she somehow get her's?


Thanks for your help,


ScottCan spouse get any of her stimulus check?
I have a similar situation with my wife (but where I am the injured spouse). I am wondering about the stimulus payment too. Only thing I found is on Jackson Hewitt website which claims that no form needed, you'll just get 50% of the stimulus because of your spouse (and apparantly they split the children that way too! When you normally file injured spouse with a tax form you can claim all child tax credits to get a bigger share of the check).





I want to note that on the federal level (and possibly on the state level in your state, I know here in NY it is true) you can file for injured spouse on tax offsets from many, many years ago. I first learned of injured spouse about 5 or 6 years into my marriage, and started filing forms for all the past years we were married. It took sometimes up to a few months (is quicker if you have a copy of your old tax form to send in), but I got my share on all of them. Good luck!Can spouse get any of her stimulus check?
She could still file a injured spouse allocation to get her money back and no I dont think they will take the bonus checks.
She needs to file the injured spouse form. Without, the stimulus rebate will be offset as well.
No, its based on your 2007 taxes. If theres any left you will get sent the rest, but theres nothing you can do to stop them taking the stimulus payment as well
file an amended return with the injured spouse allocation at least it might help with stimulus check. good luck
  • covergirl
  • facial
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment