Friday, August 20, 2010

Can I collect unemployment insurance in NY if I left employment to follow spouse's employment offer?

We relocated back to NY from AZ where I left my employer. My husband was offered employment so I quit and my reason for leaving when I filed a claim was because my spouse was offered work. I've been looking for work for about 6 weeks and I've had no luck. Will I be able to collect? The gentleman on the phone told me to go online and claim on Nov. 12. Can I collect unemployment insurance in NY if I left employment to follow spouse's employment offer?
No. You are voluntarily unemployed.





You can apply all you want, but you won't be accepted. Sorry. If you quit, you don't collect.Can I collect unemployment insurance in NY if I left employment to follow spouse's employment offer?
I didn't think you could collect unemployment if you quit your job no matter what the reason. You had to be terminated/laid off.
I moved from Cali to NV and was able to get unemployment even though I quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment