Tuesday, August 24, 2010

If God ordered you to sacrifice either your spouse or your child to Him, which would you choose ?

And a Merry ';Old Testament'; X-Mas to you.If God ordered you to sacrifice either your spouse or your child to Him, which would you choose ?
Child because with the Spouse I can always make a replacement child.If God ordered you to sacrifice either your spouse or your child to Him, which would you choose ?
If I attempted to ';sacrifice'; another human being's life on the premise that ';God'; told me to do it, then I would end up in a mental hospital for the criminally insane. Andrea Yates killed her five children, and there have been several other mothers within the last few years who have done the same thing. A father was convicted this week in Dallas of killing his ex-wife and their two little boys because he was convinced they waere poisoning him. (The children were 5 and 7). They all used the defense of ';rescuing their children from the devil'; or ';God told them to do it';. They are either securely locked away where they can never repeat their henous crimes, or sentenced to death.
Well I don't believe that God would give you an ';either or'; decision like that. He would tell you exactly who and what he wanted you to do and to learning form the Bible if you do what he says, something great can come out of it and Abraham's child didn't end up being sacrificed and he was blessed for being obedient. Btu i believe that if he had not been obedient his son may have died anyway.





';Obedience is better than sacrifice.
God - I assume you are speaking of the God of the Bible - wouldn't ask anyone to do such a thing. Even in the Old Testament, Abraham didn't ACTUALLY sacrifice his son, God (at this ONE time and in this ONE place in history) was testing Abrahams' faith, and God stopped him from sacrificing his son, before he actually did it.





Especially under the New Testament (New Covenant) God wouldn't ask anyone to sacrifice their spouse or child.
1. God doesn't ask for sacrifices anymore since Jesus by on sacrifice has forever perfected those who are being made holy.





2. If God did ask for a sacrifice, knowing like Abraham that God could raise a person from the dead, I would probably choose my spouse because she would have had time to know Jesus as her Lord and Savior and been guaranteed a place in Heaven.





It would be more selfish of me to want to save my spouse, my life partner, the one whom God gave me to be a suitable helper as well as to bring children into the world, than it would to save a child who while a gift from the Lord still requires a lot of time and effort and love and sacrifice to raise up properly.
Spouses are a dime a dozen, you can always get another one of those. A child is another matter.





God wouldn't do that? I see a lot of you aren't familiar with the story of Abraham. But yes, Abraham was stopped before the deed was done. But Abraham didn't know it was a test of faith until then.
since the practice of the OT is over, I dont think that situation would ever happen.... And IF it were to happen, he would be specific.





anyway, probably the kids.


I dont think I could live without the spouse.... of course I dont have kids yet, so its bias.





I dont remember any 'spouse' sacrificing in the bible. I know it talked about how He asked Abraham to sacrifice his son, but stopped him at the end...
That doesnt sound like God at all.


Im sure he'd just be playing.


You ever heard of Isaac (correct if wrong)?


God prolly laughed his holy *** off,


';you really thought i was gonna make you stab your own son,


didnt you?';


Prolly got nothing to do up thurr in heaven that time.





But anyway, if he had a really important reason for making me do that,


I wouldnt choose.


I'll just ask him, if he wanted one of us dead, why didnt he just


tell me to offer myself or something if he wanted to know if Im


totally loyal to him.


Why make me choose between people?





Im agnostic btw.
I don't believe in God.. And if there would actually be one and he is how he's perceived.. i don't like him anyway. So I would say no then attempt to punch him in the Taint.





I love how everyone is saying that God wouldn't do that. Especially to children. It seems none of you have read the bible because he's already killed children. In egypt he killed every first born son of any family that didn't paint a line on their door in sheeps blood. You know, the last plague? If God is real he's an Evil prick. But I highly doubt he's real. It's all fiction in that stupid book.
That is the ultimate test of indoctrination into any mind control cult, don't you think? Will you kill your loved one for the cult? Yessa massa.
There's no reason an all-powerful God would ';need'; me to sacrifice anyone to it. I'd tell God to take a hike and that I'll worship him/her/it when its worthy of it.
If God has ordered me to sacrifice either my spouse or my child to Him then I wouldn't do it. God will never order us to choose which either my spouse or my child should i decide to kill.
In any form of religion, god will not ask for a sacrifice. It is already written in each and everybody,s fate..... you will not have choice.
Well lets say I have the same belief as you. I would have to go with option 3 and do myself in. I couldn't nor would I ever cause bodily harm to my family or friends or anyone.
God can never order anyone to do anything. Abraham and you do whatever you want to do.
Neither. Why would I sacrifice either to a made up Santa Claus for adults that are afraid of dying?
Whichever one I loved less. Probably my kid... I could always have another one of those. And plus, people kill kids all the time.
If God ordered me to do anything I would check myself into the nearest psychiatric hospital.
God wouldn't ask that, but for the record, I believe I would just offer myself as a sacrifice.
I would sacrifice both-and myself if necessary
FIrst, I would marry you and then I would sacrifice you.
I can't believe in hypothetical fairy tale questions....but I'd sacrifice you if I got the option
i would like to cheat on god...cheating on God is like cheating your self..but obeying the word of God can lessen the culpable of your sin that you cheat...
YOU MEAN I COULD CHOOSE?





But then, God will never ask for a sacrifice anymore.
Spouse- I think I would get less jail time that way.
Myself right now. I am not married and he would not kill an innocent child. He can have me instead
Been there, done that.





Merry Christmas to you dear.
Neither that's no God to me.
I'd tell god to shove it where the sun don't shine.
I'd suggest God finds one of his sheep to do that.
Spouse. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment