Friday, August 20, 2010

Is education important when choosing a spouse?

Seeing that Filipinos put great emphasis on education--





Would you overlook educational attainment when choosing a life-long partner or would you say that this is one of your criteria?Is education important when choosing a spouse?
While I fully agree with Big P that education will not keep a marriage together, I cannot in all honesty say that I am willing to overlook education in choosing a spouse. I did not strive to do well academically just to ';marry down.'; I am not a snob but I'm not a hypocrite either. I will date anyone with less than stellar academic credentials - provided I can talk intelligently with him - but I will not marry someone without the right degree I'm looking for.





I have always wanted to be an engineer but had veered towards the social sciences. Since I can't be one, I'd just get me an engineer instead. Mark my words!Is education important when choosing a spouse?
I would not overlook it. A persons educational goals say a lot about that person. It is part of who you are. And more importantly, it will become a more important factor later in life. Being highly educated does not make you a better person but the desire and drive to become educated is a very important factor about any person. If you are highly motivated but marry someone who is not, over time they will become less interesting and attractive to you.
Education helps in absorbing important ideas from the learned writers, which in turn helps in understanding his partner. In times of unusual situations in life, wisdom plays an important role in averting misunderstandings. Immaturity can be expensive. But if the uneducated spouse is matured, its okay.
It depends on the educational level of the guy.





For me though the educational level of the girl is essential. If a girl is not very educated then how could we possibly communicate? I would always be having to teach her everything and since she is not that smart to begin with she probably wouldn't care to learn now.





I could only be with a very well educated girl.
Yes. It's very important, because you have to be able to talk about something once the initial euphoria of falling in love wears off. Of course love is the most important matter, so you should make that your foremost priority, even if one of you has to go back to school to get a college or graduate degree later.
No, Education will not keep a marriage together.


It is quoted,';A man should love his wife as Christ loved the church and gave himself for it.';


True love should inspire one to seek self improvement continuously to beneifit the one you love.


Love covers a multitude of issues. Education can not do that alone.
Personally- I do think its important to have education in something weather they have a trade or a degree- I would say yes. It's hard to have a successful job in this world with out it.
It depends, if you are talking about a foreign spouse, education is not important. But if you are talking to Filipinos yes it is important this is like a trophy to us.
It depends. If I really loved this person, it wouldn't really matter to me. Obviously I would not want my life-long parter who is an idiot. The best advice I can give you, coming from a 16 year old, is to do what your heart says.
if you want to be married to bozo the clown, a grade school education should be sufficient.
education counts of course!
For me, it doesn't really matter...
No, its not important. I know many people who have all the best education money can buy but they are still stupid. You'd be better off finding someone who has the same level of intelligence as you. (There is no direct correlation between the two.) You determine that by talking to them and getting to know them. What kind of diploma they have hanging up has nothing to do with a persons personality, caring, kindness, understanding, logic, etc. Do you think you could find a good mate without ever meeting them face to face? If you are only looking at degrees and transcripts, maybe yes but, you already know what would happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment