Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is your spouse your life? If he/she were to die today, would you not be able to go on?

I know it's a tough question to answer, but is your spouse your reason for living? Also, please indicate if you are atheist or have any type of religious belief?Is your spouse your life? If he/she were to die today, would you not be able to go on?
My wife is the love of my life and it would most assuredly be devastating to lose her. However, she is not my reason for living and I would be able to go on with life after an appropriate time of grieving. Yes I have religious belief as a Christian.Is your spouse your life? If he/she were to die today, would you not be able to go on?
I am a Christian.





No, my spouse is not my ';life';. I used to put him first in all things in my life and I found that b/c I put everything on the line emotionally, mentally, that I was getting disappointed and let down. And, b/c he was my ';everything';, when he did let me down is was a devastating thing.





Now, I try to keep Christ as my #1 priority, and in serving Him, I find myself putting my husband first (second to God, but above myself %26amp; children). But at the same time, I understand, expect and deal when my husband lets me down...after all, he's only human. :)





My Lord has NEVER let me down and I know he never will.





I hope this makes sense!





BTW, I now have a wonderful, full, satisfying and exciting marriage!
when we got to my husband's first duty station i was given a book, i don't remember the name of it. but it was about what to do when your husband passed away. i read the whole thing but i cried while i did it. funeral arrangements, life insurance, moving off base, it all became very real to me. this was something i never thought about until after i read that book. it really changed the way i think.


my husband deploys in november and it's something i try not to think about but it happens at least once a day. i really think my heart would actually break if it happened. i'm tearing up just typing this. we've got a 2 year old and one on the way and it's terrifying thinking he might leave in november before or right as the new baby is born and he won't ever get to see him or her again.


but.. if i had to name a reason for living it would be my kids. i love my husband dearly but my life would not stop if he passed away. our kids would continue growing and they would need a very strong mother since their father wouldn't be there anymore. i would never remarry and i think it'd be hard for me to even date. i was raised that way, we just don't divorce or remarry after the death of a spouse. if he died my love would die with him.


i'm not sure what religion you could classify me as. i believe in *a* god, it's just not as simple as most religions make it. i don't think gay people are an abomination and i believe in evolution. i also believe that all those times i was partying hard as a teenager and i drove completely trashed and woke up not knowing how i got home... someone made sure i got there. i don't believe in a god who creates people who can think and feel for themselves and then punishes them for doing so. take that as you will.
i'm not a 100% Atheist, but i am a 100% Equal Religion basher.





she's a big part of my life, but she's not my life. she's in my life. i chose her to be in my life. if she was to die, it'll take some time to get over her, but my life, and my family's life will go on.
Well, the alternative is suicide and I have more faith that God knows what is going on in my life. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. It would be painful and hard, but my baby girl and I would make it. My husband got us life insurance so if it came to that we would at least have a small nest egg for a while.
I have learned from sad experience that we all have to keep going no matter how painful that is. The question is that sometimes people are so overwhelmed and disoriented by the impact that they lose a sense of direction or even how to cope. That is where the YA community can step in and help. A few words they can relate to sometimes can mean an awful lot to a floundering person. So... come here often and post.
Sadly, I think I might be kind of relieved. We have 2 small children which is the only reason we stay together, but he has health problems and I am doing all the work, so I probably sound like a horrible person, but I would be very sad, but relieved at the same time.
I would be lost %26amp; devastated if my husband were to die. But life goes on. My husband is not my reason for living.


God gave me life and he is my real reason for living, and we both; hubby and I, will live it until God does us part.


I am a Protestant Christian.
He was. He didn't die but was torn out of my life unexpectedly (by his own choice). I almost died. It was unbearable.


It would have been better for me if he had died because I wouldn't have had to face the betrayal.


Atheist.
It would be devastating. I would be able to go on, but life wouldn't be the same. I would never be the same.





I'm religious, but not practicing.
yes my wife is my life along with the twins she is carrying and if she died today i don't think there would be any point in me going on i would be too distraught and i would probably attempt to kill myself and i am a christen......
It would crush me...but there are other loved ones to keep me going, like my son that's getting married in the fall.





I am an independant Christian, not affiliated with any of the corrupt denominations.
Yes, my spouse is my life, but, so are my children. If he were to die, I would be crushed. But, I would have to pick of the pieces for my children's sake and move on.





I'm a Christian.
I would be sad but honestly I'd recover quickly.





Not as quickly as my evil aunt who announced that she was marrying the man who lived next door, 1 hour after her husband's funeral. No kidding.





i'm Agnostic
There is really no such thing as an Atheist.





You either believe in God freely now, or you will eventually be forced to believe in him when you die.
I know I wouldn't be able to work for a few months thats for sure. My husband is everything to me, and vise versa. We are both Baptist.
Shame on you, Mr. O!! hahaha! I had a simular comment but if my husband ever saw it, i'd be explaining that forever. So i am pleading the fifth..
No my spouse is not my life (clearly since we are getting a divorce) but yes i would still be very sad if he died
Yes he would want me to be happy even though he wouldn't be sharing that happiness with me.
Yes she is. Our kids are grown. Don't really know, would definitely miss her, but know to see her again..(besides, I'll probably go first, statistically speaking...lol)
i would have to say...








































































































PARTY OVA' HEEEEREE....
i would be devastated but i would go on. i have to i have two small children.
It would knock me on my *** for quite a while. I love my husband sooo much. I would have to go on but I'd never ever forget him.. I don't even know if I could remarry. I'm Christian.
It would hurt deeply, but not able to go on?? NOPE... I love God first, kids second, me third, my mother fourth... so by the time I get to her.. well.. I have all those others to live for!
of course it would be horrible, but no, he isn't my life, and i would go on...i have kids, i have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment