Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How much home brew would you let your spouse make before you would think it is ';too much';?

My hobby is spiraling upward, I now have about 50 gallons of home made fruit wines and beer in process, either fermenting in buckets in the bathroom, or aging in 5-gallon bottles in the basement. My wife hasn't said anything yet, but I'm wondering when my cute hobby will become ';too much'; for her.





How much father would you let it go?How much home brew would you let your spouse make before you would think it is ';too much';?
Don't know if there can ever be too much. My husband was also a home brewer. This stuff needs to age so it's pretty normal to have a lot brew 'working' at one time. We also grow our own hops. Sounds really interesting ! What kinds of fruit wines do you make ? Do you have any meade ?How much home brew would you let your spouse make before you would think it is ';too much';?
Your wife seems oblivious to anything that has to do with you. Are you doing this brew thing to get her attention?





You have got to re-think your happiness. I know you want to stay together for the kids, but is it worth it? Your kids are learning about love by watching you and apparently there isn't anything to learn but coldness and no affection. Trust me, you are not doing your kids any favors.
It becomes too much when your hobby starts to encroach on time and space in a way that she's not happy about.


Good for you for at least being sensitive to the possibility. It improves the odds that you don't let it get out of hand.


However, rather than depending on a bunch of Yahoo!s, talk to your darling bride and let her know that you enjoy your hobby but you want to be respectful of her and your home, and don't want it to get out of hand. Ask her what she's comfortable with.





Salut!
To the legal limit...our state (CT) limits how much you can brew at home. I don't recall how much...but I'd put my foot down when storage becomes an issue (like I lose my laundry room to barrels of wine or something). OR Whatever the legal limit is for home brewing.
My wife helped me make beer. So that was awesome.





Where do you get your supplies from, the homebrew shop that was in town closed and I don't want to go to kansas.
Don't know, but my neighbor brews his own beer and it's quite tasty! Move next door to me and you won't have any problems, I'll help you keep the supply down.
who cares as youhave stated so many times before she doesn't give you any so make as much as you want then remember the fun part of DRINKING it
when you can not make the deliveries form the mini van it is time to cut production.


tmm
Dude, you need to chill out on your ';hobby';/obsession.
I'd buy a shed and confine it to there.

No comments:

Post a Comment