Sunday, August 22, 2010

Is there anything that you and your spouse do NOT talk about?

If so, what? Not specifics of course, as if you are not going to discuss it with the love of your life, then it is probably not my business either. Oh and how long have you been married.





Have a great day!Is there anything that you and your spouse do NOT talk about?
Nope, no holds barred lol.





We are 58 %26amp; 55 , he %26amp; I, and this is a second marriage for both of us. I had been single for 10 years and he for 30 when we married.





Been married 2 and 1/2 years now and things are still great!


We talk about everything and anything..never has either of us said 'I don't want to talk about it' or 'That's off limits'.





But then we get along great and nothing in either one of our past life is a threat to the other...we are that secure about each other.


Nor do we 'third-degree' the other..we accept the answer and end it.





We discuss things that bother each other without taking it like a personal attack...pus we approach any 'grievance' without any personal attacks.





We also are able to disagree and come up with a solution agreeable to both without yelling, fighting, insults, hurt feelings, huffiness, demands, threats, disrespect, injured pride, and insensitivity, even if the solution is to agree to disagree lol...





but then we accept each other as the people we are...warts and all.


we make a point to be open and honest but at the same time respecting personal space-everyone needs a little personal space.





..and have a great day yourself!Is there anything that you and your spouse do NOT talk about?
We don't push each other too much on politics....I'm way more left than he is, and so there are some topics we just don't agree on, and probably never will. Earlier in our relationship we'd get in fairly heated disputes about those things, but now we know to leave well enough alone on some things. It makes us laugh that some of our worse arguments are such nerdy things.


We've been married 6 months.
hey tired momma,





we dont discuss the law he is a convicted felon and feels the system is to blame and I am the other way like oh well if you didnt break the law u wouldnt be in trouble and he hates cops but I tell him its his fault !





we dont talk about it anymore but we still watch our favorite show COPS!
My friends. I think if my husband had his way - he'd keep me all for himself! He just doesn't like anyone I hang out with (one of my best friends - he's never even met and doesn't ';like'; her). So - I just don't bother talking about it with him - I don't need the aggravation...I have my friends, I do my thing and he sucks it up...or else.
We have been married 4 months... and we hardly talk about anything. He just does not seem to listen so I don't talk. I guess it is too early to be having problems isnt it? It could be that we already have a baby and one on the way.... but I dont think thats it. We say ';How was your day... good yours'; and thats about all -=sighs=-
We have been married for 11 years, we talk about everything except when he was wounded in Desert Storm. He was in the Army for 22 years and we have talked all about the things he did and places he went but talking about him getting wounded is off limits.
we try to avoid the topic of our almost 8 month separation in 2006. we still have a lot of blame issues there. i feel it was because of his weed and pill habits and staying out all night. he feels that when i went back to college, even tho it was online i took too much time from him and he got f*cked up and partied as his out.
We have been married for 5 years. It seems as though we talk about everything. We have both learned that it's easier said than unsaid. There are certain things that we don't discuss in front of the children, but that is normal in any marriage.
We don't really talk about sex too much, I think it's his culture, he's Hispanic and his family is really close but his parents don't hug or kiss or anything in front of their children. So our intimate life is great we just don't really talk about it
The only thing we don't really talk about is past Partners to any extent I know the basics and that's all I need to know. Otherwise I can't think of anything we don't talk about. We've been married almost a year together for 2.
Been marred for 15 years and we don't discuss sex. That conversation was over with long ago. don't do it and don't talk about it. Also politics cuz she knows nothing about it and doesn't care.
I talk about everything. He listens or acts like he is anyways. I like knowing my husband and what makes him tick, so I ask lots of questions too. I want to be his best friend and he mine. We've been married almost 11 years.
I can't think of any subject either of us are afraid to bring up but by the same token if we have discussed an issue and have agreed to disagree we certainly aren't going to be stupid enough to keep rehashing it.
Politics in detail.


Religion in detail.


Never, ever about our sexual past....like some dummies here insist on doing.





and finally....the Periodic Table of Elements.


Verbotten subject that one.
Been married for 5 years, together for a total of 12.





We do not discuss my family. They are all screwed up and if I help them in any way he gets (justified) really upset and angry.
we talked about everything until recently. i don't talk to him about the stresses of our business. stress causes him to have seizures. some things are better left unsaid.
None that I can think of. None that we AVOID anyway...





I mean, we don't talk about Greco-Roman architecture, but that's because we aren't interested...
Work.....we don't understand the technical terms of each other's work, so we just don't discuss that part. We do discuss the people there however.
about an affair that i had for 6months with a friend of his
same rules as work...sex, politics and religion...poor subjects to discuss...for 30 years in both places.
Our pasts. Married 14 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment