Sunday, August 22, 2010

Can I work in corrections if my spouse is on parole?

I just got offered a job working in a half way house with recently released parolee's. My only concern is that my fiance is still on parole. Can they revoke my job offer, even though this is my chosen field?Can I work in corrections if my spouse is on parole?
Why don't you tell the folks who are offering the job about your spouse. That would be far more informative than asking a bunch of people here who have no clue.





The fact that it is your ';chosen field'; makes no difference. They have policies. Find out what they are and go from there.





Good luck.Can I work in corrections if my spouse is on parole?
so, you're asking if you can take your work home with you?
No they cannot discriminate against you because of your spouse to be. He is not you, nor does he have anything to do with your job ethic (at least he shouldn't). They offered you a job because YOU are qualified. He has nothing to do with that. If they retract their job offer for that reason you should sue them for discrimination. I worked for a police agency (my ex husband was on parole when i was hired) I worked for them for a year and my ex got arrested for counterfeiting--the secret service agent on the case was an ex cop for the agency I worked for and had me suspended with no pay to get me to testify against him (i was 6 months preg with our 3rd child at the time). I filed a grievance against the city and forced them to allow me to move to the fire department and provide more training and 2 more raises, plus they had to give me the maternity time back to me that I used while suspended (there was never any investigation against me). I am now divorced from him and have been in the same city for 10 years with this dept. They had to give me my job back with all benefits immediately because they could not fire me for something HE did. He was on parole when I originally got hired with the police and they knew that. It should have no effect on your employment. As long as you are good employee and do your job well you should have no issues. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment