Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Husbands and wives, how do you handle a spouse who makes a unilateral decision that should have included you?

Even if it was a decision that both of you would have agreed upon, but you were just left out as if the spouse was giving the impression you were not needed any longer?


NO, This is NOT a problem with me and my wife! Just expounding on a good question that I answered earlier and just wondered how others handle it. Husbands and wives, how do you handle a spouse who makes a unilateral decision that should have included you?
Your question is pretty vague, it could mean so many things. If my husband made a decision that I felt should have included me I would talk to him about why he decided anything before consulting me about it. Depending on how he answered and if I thought it would be an on going problem would determine how the situation should be handled.





We share the decision making pretty equally. The big stuff we decide together and the smaller stuff we take turns. Only consulting each other if we can't make up our own mind. Deciding where to go for dinner can be a chore when you don't know what even sounds good to you... (just an example).Husbands and wives, how do you handle a spouse who makes a unilateral decision that should have included you?
You correct each other in private and let your spouse know that it is unacceptable to do this. Marriage is a partnership so decisions have to be made jointly. Not every decision. Decisions about how to do your job at work or how to do your job at home go to the people in charge of those but decisions will have an impact on the children, or their families or things that will effect each other should be discussed.
Depends on the decision. If it's about finances, the kids, etc., then I might be a little hurt or angry and probably sit them down and talk abotu it. However, if it's about what color to paint the living room or whether to throw out some old junk, it's really pretty trivial and I probably wouldn't think much of it.
it would depand on the level of importance if it was very importent me and my wife probley would have a agrument becouse i would be really pissed off at the time if it was not very important at all me and my wife would talk about it on civil level and it would not happen again for a long time afther all we are not all perfect i am sure it happens sometimes to everyone
That's debatable. I wouldn't tolerate that kind of underhanded behavior...but that's because I understand that some choices MUST be made together or it denigrates the marriage.
Counseling or separation.
That's never happened to us, and it better not either. We have respect for each other.
When I was married, I'd of voiced my opinion on my part in the decision making. I don't hold back! :-) May be it's why I've been divorced 21 years?? lol
a careing 'there there dear' and a pat on the head should do it

No comments:

Post a Comment