Friday, August 20, 2010

Have you ever successfully changed your spouse for the better?

Sometimes i'm not happy in my relationship and I told this to my girlfriend, told her what i'm not happy about so hopefully we can work on it. She said she would because we love eachother, but not much success. (It's about her respecting me if you must know). So my question is, have YOU ever successfully changed your spouse for the better. Or is the saying ';never expect to change your spouse because it won't work'; true.Have you ever successfully changed your spouse for the better?
When someone is like they've been their entire lifetime, its going to take alot to break the habit. First, she has to want to change. The fact that she already openly admitted that she wanted to change is a good start. Respect is a big thing in a relationship, your job should be to help her get to see that. You should make an agreement with her, that your both going to work through this and if you must pinpoint the times shes being disrespectful, tell her about it as soon as it happens so that she can change her tone. Perhaps she doesnt notice when shes being disrespectful and so your other job should be just to let her know when she is. I've never was able to change a partner for the life of me, but without certain changes the relationship could not last and in the end I realized I was better off without them, that I deserved better, and even though they werent Mr. Right, I learned a few things. Now Im with someone who need not be changed, but trying to change someone can be worth the effort and patience that it requires because afterall its not impossible for everyone...its just a matter of knowing when its worth it and when its not.

No comments:

Post a Comment