Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is a spouse being physically aggressive ever forgivable?

Or is it an automatic deal breaker? Do you see a difference between a spouse striking you outright, or just pushing you, or is it all the same? Have you ever hit your spouse in anger? What were the consequences? This is not me. I am taking a psych class, and was curious.Is a spouse being physically aggressive ever forgivable?
Totally unacceptable.Is a spouse being physically aggressive ever forgivable?
let me tell you from experience there is a biggg difference ... spousal abuse is something no one should experience but sadly it happens to the best of us ... the anger, the hitting, the handprint bruises on arms ... pushing in fun is one thing, but pushing in anger is something else and you would have to be a perfect moron not to see the difference ... anger pushing is much more forceful , into a wall or something .. consequences now are much different ..there are laws ... back in the 70's, there were no laws, you took it and lied ... i did many times ... when asked ..but people knew .. evientually i took my children and moved out, got a divorce and started over.. raised my children on my own ..and i survived but i knew i would never take it again .. and i haven't ... but it does play with your mind , always cautious and on guard.. afraid to get close for fear it will happen again in a rage and no one , should have to walk around on eggshells .... and lastly , NO it's never forgivable .... you may not dwell on it daily but you never forget or forgive ...
It starts with a push or shove and ends with the woman dead as a doorbell. Sorry but men who physically intimidate will always get worse. Once he thinks you are his to keep - he will escalate the abuse. Leave while you can. But be careful - when a woman breaks it off with this guy is the most dangerous time of all.
I grew up in an abusive home, seeing what my mother went through for so many years, and feeling what i did when i seen that If my husband ever hit me, it would be a done deal. No matter if it was a push, or a strike...it's all about respect. That would mean he has no respect for me at all, allowing him to do that means i wouldn't have any respect for myself..right? I would never hit my husband either. Same respect deal.
Yes, it is an automatic deal-breaker for me. Anyone who puts up with physical, mental, emotional or sexual abuse has incredibly low self-esteem and is frequently deluded about how they must remain in the relationship ';for the sake of the kids';. Who wants kids to grow up thinking any kind of abuse is OK?
I dunno - if it's something like a push in extreme rage, I might let him have three before I decide it's only going to get worse, then I'd leave him (and I'd let him know that).





If it was something like a punch, I'd leave immediately.





I hope, anyway. People make stupid decisions when they're in the early stages of love (that's oxycontin for you).
I KNOW I would leave them right away because chances are that its gonna get worse and worse...someone in my family was abused and they got out but it took time and years...so if anyone ever hit me pushed me or made me feel scare i would get away and never look back...
Never. Physical abuse is any kind of aggressive act. It always escalates.
Okay, are we talking about sado-masochism?





Because that is just good wholesome fun.
  • rosacea
  • anti wrinkle cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment