Sunday, August 22, 2010

How do you know if your dog thinks you are the master or your spouse?

I have a 4 month old Cocker Spaniel. She's just great, listens well, doesn't destroy, etc... But how do I know who she thinks her MASTER is?





My g/f and I seem to think that it's both of us. When I'm not there, she'll cry for me, and same for her. She'll listen to us both the same amount. Doesn't seem to have a preference with who she plays... Follows me around the apt just as much as her... literaly, we can't seem to see who is the 1 she thinks is her master.





Is it possible that she thinks we're 2 masters? I only ask becaue someone brought up the point that every dog only has 1 master.





She does do something though... she seems to listen to being disciplined much faster to me than her...but then again, she seems to ';come'; and ';sit'; much faster for her...





Anyway...good luck with this question...thank you.How do you know if your dog thinks you are the master or your spouse?
she's probably just to young to pick yet but it sounds like she respects both of you. You guys must be good to her! :o)How do you know if your dog thinks you are the master or your spouse?
She could easily feel it is both of you. Our dog will protect my boyfriend if we are both home, and gets very jealous if he hugs me and she will cry and push in between us. But then if he goes out, she sits right by me and listens to me. So I think the dog will immediately make it obvious if she feels it is one or both of you. You are lucky if she listens to both of you equally, that is great.
when my boyfriend and I got our dog, she would spend the day with me and be my dog and listen only to me, when she was with him she would listen and follow only him. After a few months, she was the same with both of us. Now, after 8 months, she has made up her mind she is my dog. Your puppy may very well choose one of u in a few months, or she can stay the same. The temperament of cocker spaniels change so dramatically within the first year, u never know.
Dogs can have multiple masters. Dogs will often listen more to a man than a woman, mostly due to the deeper voice tone. However, it sounds like your dog will respond, and respect, both you and your girlfriend.





Dogs in the wild or in a pack will have only one pack leader. However, a single dog in a home with multiple people can regard both people as their master, and may or may not regard one or the other higher.
Your both her pack leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment