Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What do you do if you think that your spouse is gay?

This is not for me. Boy that's getting old but it really isn't. My best friend has been married to her husband for 20 years and the married life has not been like it should be. No romance or anything. She feels that he doesn't realize his true orientation or is trying hard to ignore it. They have no children and she loves him for him but more as a friend than husband. She really believes he is gay. She is really unsure on how to approach the subject just because it is her husband. If is weren't, she would not have an issue with it. She has many gay and lesbian friends.What do you do if you think that your spouse is gay?
I would suggest counciling, and make sure your friend brings up her suspicions, and her acceptance of what ever the answer is.What do you do if you think that your spouse is gay?
Was there romance during the beginning of the relationship? When did the romance stop, if there was any at all? It's been twenty years, maybe the bell just stopped ringing for the man? Anyhoo, she should definitely approach him and ask him gently, for it might be a sensitive issue. Why waste anymore precious years, when she could be off having a relationship with a heterosexual man who feels something for her? Why continue giving the possible gay man a security blanket, instead of nudging him to accept the fact and pursue true happiness?
There really is no subtle way to ask someone if they are gay or not... even if it is a husband.


Still 20 years is a long time...





Just start off with something like...





Look ';honey'; we've been married for a long time, but I feel like there is something you are not telling me... We have had this great relationship, I just don't feel like we share a connection that most married couples share at this time in our lives... what I'm saying... what I mean is... are you gay?





And that is the end of that.
';Honey, I don't feel romantically attracted to you, I'm not sure if it's because we've been married so long or what... and we don't have children. I'm just gonna go out and say this because I don't know any other way how. I love you, and I will accept you no matter what the answer but I would like a clear one at that.


Are you gay?';





Say that.


If I was married (which I will be soon) I would say something like that.
If you think your spouse is really homosexual then ask them. They should be able to tell you. If that doesn't work then try to get another homosexual to ';hit'; on her spouse and see how he reacts.
How are they in bed?

No comments:

Post a Comment