Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Is there anyone that has a boyfriend or a spouse in the military that can help me with the separation?

My boyfriend just life on Wednesday to Fort Sill, OK (in the Army National Guard). And I was wondering if there was anyone out there that help me. This is the first time that we have been apart since I was in a car accident last year.Is there anyone that has a boyfriend or a spouse in the military that can help me with the separation?
Just relax, send letters when you get all of the information. Just look forward to seeing him.Is there anyone that has a boyfriend or a spouse in the military that can help me with the separation?
Ive been an Army Wife for 15 years so far, my husband has been active duty the full time and he jsut re-enlisted. Seperation never gets easy, especially when he is in Iraq doing 15 months. Just keep yourself busy and write him letters, even if you dont mail them. Keep a journal and keep your love going. If you need to talk you can email me at


fort_sill_army_wife@yahoo.com
don't cheat on him and talk on webcam/phone as much as you can ^_^
My husband and I were high school sweethearts back in high school. After we graduated I went off to college and he went to basic at Fort Sill. After he finished AIT we got married before his first duty station (which also ended up being Ft. Sill). We have been married for 8 years now and have been through 3 deployments (about to be 4 deployments in Nov.).





Things are tough being a military gf or so. Just keep yourself as busy as possible. I made sure to write him as much as possible just to let him know he was missed.





Don't expect him to be able to call you on a frequent basis because they keep them extra busy. Just know that he is probably really tiered and thinking he'd rather be with you than doing all the stuff he's doing.





Also, I would suggest joining one of the yahoo groups for military gf and spouses. I did this when my husband (bf at the time) left for basic and those ladies that I met there were amazing! You can learn alot from those who are in the same situation as you or have been there and done that. Although your family and friends may mean well they don't know exactly how you are feeling....well at least that's the way I felt.





Wish you two all the best!!
There is nothing more tough to deal with than to have a spouse or boyfriend go away due to military duty. Its also the reason for such a high divorce rate.


The first time my husband left...we had been married a year. And I was 7 months pregnant. He went overseas to Poland, Germany, England ect....he was to be gone for 3 months or more. He just happen to come back 2 days before the baby was born. I was lucky. I have seen women give birth alone.


I cried everyday he was gone. I went about it wrong. The best thing you can do is keep yourself busy. Find a hobby and keep busy. If you need to feel close to him, write him a letter everyday or so. It will help. You will get through it. If you can get through this, you can get through anything.





Keep busy and keep your spirits up!!!
I dealt with separation by keeping busy... i tried to do the thing's i enjoyed doing to get my mind off of being apart, take up a hobby or study. You need to understand that days or weeks go by till you will hear from him so have patience and when you do to talk to don't nag about anything, just try to be happy so that way you'll encourage him and he won't feel like he has to call you less.
  • rosacea
  • anti wrinkle cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment