Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How long would it take for me to bring my spouse to the united states?

i have had my green card for 2 months now,and i will be getting married next month to a man that is from jordan and has no green card or american passport.how long will it take for me to bring him from jordan and come to live with me in the united states?How long would it take for me to bring my spouse to the united states?
If you have a green card (LPR) and file for your husband, he will be considered F2A (family-based second-preference part A). You will need to file an I-130 to sponsor him to come to the US. You will have to wait for processing and then for a visa to become available. According to the State Department's monthly visa bulletin, they are processing applications in category F2A that were filed on March 15, 2002. That means you are looking at about a four to five year wait.





He can always file for adjustment of status if he can obtain an independent non-immigrant visa (a work or school visa). In order to file for adjustment, he must be in the US in valid non-immigrant status. If he comes as a tourist, for example, and then stays, he won't be eligible to adjust and will have to return home first. Also, time spent in the US out of status usually is counted as ';unlawful presence.'; Six months of unlawful presence and he won't be able to come back to the US for three years. If he's in the US in unlawful presence for a year or more, he's barred from coming back for 10 years.How long would it take for me to bring my spouse to the united states?
5 years you have to become a us citizen then you can called him over.





I used to worked for ins.
5 years
Up to one year.
It could take you about 5-6 years. You need to file form I-130 after you get married. Good luck.
  • rosacea
  • anti wrinkle cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment