Thursday, July 29, 2010

How many of you vote for someone because you like their spouse?

We have a man running for prosecuting attorney in our town and everyone I talk to says they are voting for him because they like his wife, went to school with his wife, goes to church with his wife, etc.... Is this reason enough to vote someone into a position of power in your community? What do you think?How many of you vote for someone because you like their spouse?
are they voting for him or his wife? croakHow many of you vote for someone because you like their spouse?
Go for the issues and forget the spouses. That's dirty politics.
Small town eh? God, how I hate small towns. Remind me of Shirley Jackson's ';The Lottery';.
If a lot of us voted that way, Bill Clinton would never have got the presidency.
I would not vote for someone just because of their spouse, no.


However, if I like their spouse and they are visible, it tends to add points to my list.


Not enough to base my whole decision on though!
Never thought about it, but in a small town, I can see it. We have a guy running for office and his wife just got nailed for crack. OOOOPS. They are predicting he will still win though.
Never should this be an issue

No comments:

Post a Comment