Thursday, July 29, 2010

Did you vet your spouse very carefully before you married them?

Would you have married if you had known what you now know? It pays to ask a lot of questions and take time to know. So very many lives ruined because of marriage. Some people really have little in common, have fundamentally different values, and a few were never suited for marriage. How about you?Did you vet your spouse very carefully before you married them?
No, I would have not married knowing his true nature now. I asked all the questions and observe his behavior a good liar won't show themselves until it too late. The signs where never obvious from him. Anyone who meets him thinks he's a sweetie then when they find out the other side of him their shock.Did you vet your spouse very carefully before you married them?
You betcha I did! I was divorced after having been married to my high school sweetie for over 20 years and was totally not interested in dating or meeting anyone. Our kids actually introduced us and we became friends prior to ever dating. Spending time with him allowed me to really get to know him and who he was, what his values were and what was important to him. Seeing him with his kids, his parents, his friends, in his work environment, how he treated people in general...it really gave me a sense of what kind of person he was before we ever even dated.
It was a 2nd marriage for me so I was very careful. I wasn't looking for a relationship, let alone marriage as I had just come out of a 20 year marriage.


We were friends first and I really liked who he is. I like his values, ethics, morals and we have a lot in common. I got lucky because on top of all this he's generous and sexy.
Yes I did. We dated 5 1/2 yrs before we got married and I asked any and every conceivable question in that time!





Oh and this is to complicated...I gave you a thumbs down. Wanna know why? B/c if Obama did SOOO much to vet his people then why is it that he has so many people showing up with tax problems? Why when Tom Daschle's tax problems came to light did Obama say that he took the blame for the embarrassment he caused? I'll tell you why....b/c they did NOT vet the nominees properly! BTW that whole little spiel that you did really should have been in the politics section...
If I had it to do over again, hmmm...well, let's just say I would vet like Obama. Unlike McCain, I'm young enough to learn from my vetting catastrophe. Yep, that WAS, indeed, a slam on Palin.





P.S. I give a mental thumbs down to anyone who cannot defend an alternate view by sadly, and anonymously, clicking on a thumbs down to me.





Now come on! Show me how many people are incapable of developing a decent argument. (by a show of 'thumbs down)
Well, we've been together for 4 years, and still nothing has come up that would have changed my decision if I'd known it. We'll see what the future brings.
I would have never married if I had of had my head on straight. At the time I didn't have any children so it wasn't a big deal.
Marraige to me is more about a committment to love through thick and thin and less about being matched up with the perfect spouse. No matter how great of friends you are, there are going to be some issues that you don't anticipate, and you must work through them. Some will make you feel like the world is ending, but if you can get over the hump, your marraige grows and gets better than it was. Marraige also shows you about your own character and your own selfishness. True, you should know your potential spouse pretty well before marraige, and have certain standards. You should not marry someone who has repeated habits that you cannot stand. They will not get better but will be magnified to the nth power. However, no one is perfect. Some people just choose to give up easy. That's the difference between a wife and a woman; a husband and a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment